Hi, lovelies! A lot of people have been inquiring as to my current game plan for Europe. Here’s a quick update on my plans!
- During late July and early August a few girlfriends and I are trying to arrange it so we can travel around together! The biggest hinderance is finances! Any tips on ways to make/save money on the road? We’ll be using http://www.helpx.net, http://www.couchsurfing.com, and staying in hostels to travel as cheaply as possible.
- At the end of August, I will move to Lausanne, Switzerland to be an au pair for a spectacular Spanish family! This is a great opportunity, because I adore Switzerland and would love to brush up on my Spanish. Although I will be doing some traveling on the weekends, I will be saving a lot of the money I make to put it toward further travels. Additionally, I’ll have to be putting a portion of it toward student loans.
- The last week of November will mark the end of my Swiss living. That means I have December to travel around and hang out with friends…
- If you are around wherever I am, I’d love to meet up! There’s a small possibility that my parents will try and come over and visit during this time. That would be great, seeing as I have no idea if I’ll be spending Christmas alone in a hostel (I doubt that would happen, though, as I have a knack for randomly meeting new friends!)…
- In January, I will move to Torino, Italy to become an au pair for another beautiful family. I am thrilled! I will stay here for a least six months.
- After Italy, I will hopefully return to Switzerland for another three months.
- Then…who knows!
I’m planning my trip and I’d love your help!
What do you guys know about…
- Travel tips (especially on being a solo female)
- Trip preparation (visas, packing, work permits, travelers insurance, etc.)
- Money saving ideas
- Best places to exchange money
- Cheap places to visit
- Navigating public transport systems
- Interacting with locals (Poland, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Czech, Greece, and Croatia)
- Getting a cell phone that works across various countries
- Avoiding theft
- Shipping and receiving mail
- Random tidbits of information
Well, this is my very first blog…ever. I’m definitely looking forward to having a place to record all the exciting things I encounter!
For many years now, I have wistfully spoken of all the places I hoped to travel. Heck, I even made a “Travel” board on Pinterest dedicated solely to pictures of everywhere I wanted to go! I would longingly flip through friends’ albums of their adventures abroad and wonder if I would ever have a chance to experience life so fully… Now, it’s finally happening!
During the past four years, I lived with the mindset that I needed to get into a top grad school program and immediately begin after graduation [this spring]. I had internalized this idea to such an extent that the prospect of deviating from it in the slightest seemed unthinkable! After speaking with some close friends about the matter, I came to see that I wasn’t as confined to that path as I’d thought. In fact, I wasn’t trapped at all! This realization opened up so many possibilities!
I have now set my intention (I’ll upload my video on setting intention as soon as I’ve figured out the set up on here) travel around Europe, starting this spring. I am thrilled that my dreams are finally coming to fruition and can’t wait to share my experiences with all of you!
With my lovely friend Bekah on the ferris wheel of Vienna.