I’ve just returned from sixteen blissful days in Costa Rica. My friend and I met in San Jose and then took a journey to Manuel Antonio, Montezuma, Sámara, Nosara, and Arenal. I kept a record of the highlights of each day and now have added pictures!
Day 1: San Jose
- seeing the view of Pura Vida from the plane
- meeting an awesome couple who were raising their kids in the mountains
- relaxing in the pool
Day 2: Manuel Antonio
- being blown away by the awesomeness of the view from the backpacker’s hostel
- listening to the warm, Costa Rican rain falling on the tin roof
- taking a midnight swim in the hostel’s pool (it was surrounded by jungle and the rain poured down on us)
Day 3: Manuel Antonio/Montezuma
- hiking through Manuel Antonio Parque
- playing in the ocean and collecting rocks
- drinking straight from a coconut en la playa!
- seeing an adorable monkey yawn
- taking another late night swim and looking up at the stars. I have never seen them look so near before.
Day 4: Montezuma
- doing yoga with a view of the ocean, the warmth of the sun, and the coolness of a breeze.
- taking a four wheeler across the peninsula
- driving through two herds of cattle and seeing horses roaming on the side of the road
- exploring the little beach town of Montezuma
Day 5: Montezuma/Sámara
- meditating and relaxing by the pool all morning
- seeing the extreme back country of Costa Rica (we actually had to turn around because we couldn’t ford a river)
-seeing the breathtaking sunset and eating a candlelit dinner literally on the beach in Sámara
Day 6: Sámara/Nosara
- stand up paddle boarding – it was really tough with the waves!
- found a tarantula on my friend’s pants…after he’d put them on.
- discovered an awesome raw restaurant on the way out of town
- had a crazy driving experience and had to turn around because of a flooded river
- arrived at the amazing Villa Mango
Day 7: Nosara
- did morning yoga surrounded by jungle
- had delicious banana/chocolate-chip pancakes for breakfast…while watching monkeys play!
- went to Playa Pelada
Day 8: Nosara
- did yoga on the terrace of Villa Manga
- felt super amazing and then the universe gave me a big lesson in self-growth
Day 9: Nosara
- saw the black beaches at Ostienal
- drew in the sands
Day 10: Nosara
- ate breakfast with a birdy on my head
- spent most of the day in the hammock
- went to Playa Guinnes and saw amazing sunset
Day 11: Nosara/Arenal
- had a long drive to Arenal…but with gorgeous views!
- stopped at amazing restaurant, Macadamia
- saw the lake views
Day 12: Arenal
- went to hanging bridges
- got stuck in a thunderstorm
Day 13: Arenal
- hiked up Volcán Arenal
- met a honey badger
Day 14: Arenal
- got rained out of our hot springs plans
- relaxed at Hotel Linda Vista
Day 15: Arenal
- spent the day in bliss at Ecothermal Hot Springs
Day 16: San Jose
- parted ways in San Jose
- To see more photos of the trip, check out my Facebook album by clicking HERE. -