While it took me a few days to respond to Louiseanges’ nomination for the Liebster Award, I am definitely honored that she thought of me!
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
Because I started this blog recently, I’m sure there are quite a few things none of you know about. Hopefully this will give you a better picture and, if nothing else, entertain you for a moment.
1. Although I am currently vegan, I am obsessed with artisan cheeses! On one of the few occasions in which I have “blatantly cheated” (i.e. eaten a hunk of cheese, opposed to accidentally having bread made with milk), my friend Hannah and I went to Whole World and picked out a multitude of cheeses to try. It. Was. Delicious.
2. I had my life plan all figured out until my senior year of college…you know, when you’re supposed to apply for graduate programs or a “real” job. This past summer was when I had my first 9-5 job experience. Just this brief stint in the typical work place made me realize I want no part in the repetitiveness of it all! That was when I decided to stop planning and let the universe enact upon me what it will.
3. I adore my baby sister more than anything in this world. She’s not really young – she’s in her first year at university – but she will always be my little one. Although she’s gaining independence and I have to let solve her own problems, I still have an innate desire to protect her from all harm.
4. My first time skydiving I lost a shoe…and threw up a banana. Suffice it so say, it was quite the experience…and I can’t wait to go again!
5. I love preparing raw foods. I think my like for it is as much psychical as it is physical. I just feel so much more content when I know I am treating my body right.
6. Nature brings me to life! Although I would love to live in huge a city for a year, I find it draining to be around for too long. I feel truly alive when floating down a river, jumping off a rock, or climbing up a mountain.
7. One day, I would love to start a community garden for underprivileged young people. In addition to learning many lessons about the land and people, they could take the produce home!
8. Although I am fully intending to postpone maternity for many, many years, I have a severe case of “baby fever.”
9. I am always singing! Any of my housemates, friends, or family can attest to this. When I was little, I would sing instead of talking and was constantly vocalizing my inner monologue. Yeah, it still happens on occasion…
10. I am weird. I wouldn’t give up the silly voices my roommate and I communicate with, the goofy faces I flash friends at least 10 times a day, or the dancing around my living room to Bollywood music to conform to societal norms! I heartily believe that people never really grow up, but only learn how to behave in public. Besides, how boring would it be to be deemed “normal?” Who wants that!
11. I have an unquenchable, indispensable case of wanderlust. Ergo the blog!
Questions for me from Louiseagnes:
1. Are you breaking the law if you drive past those road signs that say “Do Not Pass”? I sure hope not!
2. What is the #1 most played song on your iPod? Well, it changes so frequently. Right now, it’s probably “This Head I hold” by Electric Guest.
3. What is one of your favorite quotes? “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.” - Eckhart Tolle
4. What do you absolutely hate doing? Hurting people.
5. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Talking with someone I care for… or watching YouTube.
6. What are you most proud about? Taking the initiative to travel and no longer finding my self-worth in my advancing academic career
7. What is the hardest thing you have even done? Confronting and remedying past issues to advance on the path of self-actualization.
8. When was the last time you were nervous? Two days ago when trying to remedy an unpleasant issue when someone I care for.
9. What story does your family always tell about you? My parents love to bring up how I was constantly singing instead of speaking.
10. What is the best part of waking up? Feeling the softness of my Egyptian cotton sheets and the fluffy warmth of my comforter.
11. Three words to describe you? Vivacious, Loving, Seeking
Questions for my nominees:
1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. Who do you find inspirational?
3. What is one thing you have accomplished on your bucket list?
4. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
5. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
6. If you could live anywhere for a year, where would it be?
7. If you had a million dollars, what would be the first thing you would do?
8. What is your life motto?
9. What is the number one trait you value in a friend?
10. When was the last time you did something fearless?
11. Why do you blog?