The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
I’ve really enjoyed the past couple months of blogging! This September began my first blogging experience. I’ve been so impressed by the amazing people I’ve become connected with and all of the interaction on my posts. Thank you all so much!
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 12,000 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 20 years to get that many views.
Click here to see the complete report.
1. Explore websites
2. Determine personal stipulations
- What country/countries do you want to work in?
- What length of time do you want to be in Europe?
- Do you want to live in a city or the country?
- Is it important for you to have the weekends available?
- Are you willing to work weekends?
- Do you want to live-in or live-out?
- What is the minimum amount of money you are willing to accept per month?
- Are you willing to do (light) housework?
- How many hours are you willing to work per week?
- Will you work with single parents?
3. Make detailed online profiles
- Many pictures
- General letter to potential host families
- What sets you apart from other au pairs
- Ideal weekly schedule
- Ideal pay rate
- Other relevant qualifications
4. Reach out
- Mark profiles as “interests” or “favorites”
- Send families messages expressing your interest
- Create a blanket message to send out and cater it to each family
5. Skype with serious interests
- Discuss expectations
- Express concerns
- Clear up any confusion
- Meet the children
- Get a virtual tour of the home (specially, your bedroom)
- Figure out about the surroundings of the family’s home
- Decide on a length of stay
-After deciding which family you will be an au pair for, confirm that plans are in order
- Research visa options (if necessary, visit a consulate)
Wow, I cannot thank you guys enough for being such involved followers! I’m about half way to having 1,000 “followers,” so you’ll see another excited post when that happens!
Since starting this blog in September, I have been ever impressed by the amount of interaction there has been on my posts.
Not only do I intend to keep blogging, but I will become increasingly involved! On that note, I’m very curious as to whether you prefer my vlogs or blogs more. Thoughts?
I sincerely appreciate every single one of you!
In what do you find adventure?
In case any of you were wondering, this is what I do in my free time (i.e.when I’m not off doing adventurous things)! Shenanigans!
Stay positive and tap into your life energy, people!